Do you want to know how I got rid of freckles?
I had so many freckles on my face in my teen. I used to look in the mirror and think, “Do I actually stand a chance to be pretty again”. My mother used to say that they were kisses from the angels. I still have them but they are faded enough to be noticed.
Freckles are small, light brown spots occurring on sun exposed areas of skin. They generally appear on the face and upper shoulders.
Genetic factor play an important role in determining the severity of these brown monsters. People with green eyes and reddish hair are more susceptible to freckles. You can listen from majority of pregnant women, “I’ve never had a freckle in my life, but now, what’s going on?”
People talk about many types of solutions, but they are never sure of any of them. Here are some tested remedies for removing freckles. One of these remedies is just suitable for your skin type.
We divide these remedies to get rid of freckles in two main categories:
- Home Remedies to Get Rid Of Freckles
Freckles Medicated Treatments
Home Remedies to Get Rid Of Freckles
- Apply fresh squeezed lemon juice to the freckled area.
- Leave this application for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse with clean water
You can also apply a combination of lemon juice, honey and salt or bleaching masks from other citrus fruits as well.
Red Onion Slices
- Rub red onion slices on your freckles
- Repeat two or three times daily for 10 days.
- A combination of onion juice and vinegar also work fine.
- Apply horseradish juice to the affected area
- Leave the application on the face for 10 minutes
- Rinse with clean water.
- You may also try it four tablespoons of sour milk.
- Soak a cotton ball in fresh papaya juice.
- Apply it on freckled area of your skin.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with clean water.
Repeat two or three times a day for three months and feel the difference.
- Apply olive oil on freckled skin.
- Massage for 20 minutes.
- Repeat twice a day for three months.
On most skins olive oil has miraculous affects.
Medicated Treatments to Get Rid Of Freckles
Laser Freckles Removal
This procedure is beneficial for reducing freckles, age spots and wrinkles. But you need a certified dermatologist for such procedure.
Chemical Peels to Get Rid Of Freckles
Chemical Peel is a body treatment technique for improved and smoother facial skin. Chemical solutions are used for peeling of dead skin. And eventually new skin is less wrinkled and freckles free.
Those who have dry skin should use 50-70% glycolic acid peel whereas people with greasy skin should give a shot to 10% TCA (Tri Chloro Acetic Acid) peel.
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light Therapy) for Removing Freckles
It’s a new treatment that involves the use of pulses of broadband light to refresh the skin and remove freckles.