Well, if you say you don’t know what masturbation is, then you must be kidding. If you are reading this post, then you surely know what masturbation is and definitely know how it’s done. Masturbation is the sexual stimulation for sexual pleasure of one’s own genitals. Semen is ejaculated to give complete satisfaction.
“Today I will masterbate! Okay, that was a mistake. I should have written “Today I will masterbate–if I want to!”
― Al Franken
How commonly do people men Masturbate?
Masturbation is natural procedure and as we talk about it there is an old joke, 98% of people masturbate and the remaining 2% are lying. According to the Data of US National Survey of Sexual Health and Behavior, it was found that single men in the age group of 18-25 years, masturbated for more than 4 times a day (constituting about 25% of the people). Another 22% stated that they masturbated about twice a week.
Frequency of Masturbation
Every male starts masturbating after puberty i.e. Withing the age group of 13 – 16 years of age, although the frequency increases once they reach the age group of 19-25 years.
- Healthy frequency – 1 -2 times a week
- Normal frequency – 3 – 4 times a week
- Bad frequency – 5 – 6 times a week
- Worst frequency – 7 or even more than 7 times a week
Are there any health benefits of Masturbation?
Yes, there are some health benefits of masturbation, although these health benefits are only for the people who enjoy it with a healthy to normal frequency.
- Masturbation (induces) helps you sleep: This is quite common with many males around the globe. After masturbation, the blood pressure lowers and endorphins are produced, the chemicals responsible for helping ease stress and increase relaxation. These induce relaxation and you may dose off.
- Prevention of Prostate Cancer: Usually toxins get built up in the urogenital tract of males and with the help of masturbation these toxins are removed. Men who ejaculate around 4 -5 times a week are least likely to get prostate cancer.
- Stress buster and relieving tension: After masturbation, serotonin and dopamine are released which help in enhancing your mood.
- Relieving from urinary tract infection: Masturbation helps to flush out toxins, old bacteria from the urinary tract. This helps male who are suffering from urinary tract infection.
- Makes you harder 😉 Now if you’re not sure what it means, it simply means that masturbating regularly makes your muscles down there stronger and the results will be good if you practice it consistently. So aim (well)!
- Earning some extra money: You can give the gift of a life! You can make some extra money by donating your sperms like Vicky Donor! Couples who have infertility problems will definitely be grateful to you!
- Alternatives to sex & Rest to your Girl: Of course masturbation cannot be stated as the correct alternative to sex as it has emotion and love associated with it, still you can masturbate when your girl is on her monthly period cycle or when she is not there with due to some reason and this will also prevent you from cheating.
Are there any Side Effects of Masturbation?
- No – There is no side effect for normal limit/frequency masturbation
- Yes – There are some utter serious side effects of Masturbation for those who are addicted and do it on daily basis (there are hundreds and thousands of individual doing it more than once in a day)
*refer to the ‘masturbation frequency’ bullet points above
The famous saying is very true with context to Masturbation also – “Anything in excess leads to destruction”
So, what are the deadly adverse effects of (over) Masturbation?
There are adverse effects on health associated with over masturbation. Check out the adverse effects:
- Lowering sperm count: The sperm count in a male reduces with over masturbation. This makes it difficult to have a baby at a later stage. There is requirement of more sperms to be produced for refilling the sperm tank, hence you need to conserve your sperm count for ejaculation, which is best when masturbation is done at a healthy count.
- Joint Pains & Weak Nervous System: Over masturbation produces over stimulation of the sex hormones in the male body. This in turn causes the leg muscles to become weak over time. The functioning of the brain is also adversely affected with over production of serotonin, dopamine and acetylcholine.
- Weak Muscular strength: When you ejaculate & discharge Semen, you literally loose protein. Semen is 50% protein by weight and contains a variety of nutrients to protect the sperm cells from damages. And every frequent ejaculation, you lose that amount of protein and everyone knows that Muscular strength requires high amount of protein in the body. Hence Over-Masturbation weakens the muscular strength.
- Hair thinning and baldness & light beard growth: It has been observed that male who masturbate excessively have less growth of hair on their beard or thin hair or no hair at all. Beard growth is related to the activity of sex hormone testosterone. Many medical studies shows that masturbation regularly may reduce testosterone levels. Stimulation of hair follicles in the area of Dihydrotestosterone leads to growth of beard. Over masturbation leads to loss of protein in the body and this in turn causes hair loss. Excess Masturbation = loss of protein = impact on testosterone and DHT = gradual HAIR LOSS. For detailed medical theory of baldness caused by masturbation can be read here.
- Fatigue – Feeling tired all the time: People with addiction of masturbation experience a feeling of tiredness all the time. It is pretty simple to understand why it happens. Masturbating every day or multiple times a day makes you lose important protein and calorie which is required to function a body, moreover with ejaculation, a hormone “oxytocin” is released which gives the sleepy feeling. Hence Over-masturbating imbalances these important things and body feels lazy, tired and sleepy even during working hours!
- Premature ejaculation: When done in excessive amounts, masturbation teaches you how to reach an orgasm more easily. For many young adults, the addicted to porn and masturbation can cause an imbalance of stress hormones, GABA, Serotonin, and Dopamine. Put simply, over-masturbation will lead to sexual under-performance by way of premature ejaculation, as well as other sexual problems.
- Soft Erections / Impotency: Over stimulation of the penis can lead to persistent softness of an erection, while the disappearance of a morning erection can signify a hormonal imbalance. Men who over masturbate, the weakness can occur because of a hormonal imbalance. While having actual sex the weak erection won’t be able to penetrate in partner resulting in unhappiness and unsatisfactory experience for her and guilt & shame for you.
- Eye Vision problems: This is because excessive masturbation causes a damage in the inner layer of the eye, effecting the cones and rods of the eye. Men who ejaculate multiple times a day experience deficiencies in these neurochemicals necessary for health eyes and sexual function.
How to limit or control excessive masturbation??
“Some people masturbate to temporarily replace their partners when they are absent, whereas some people do that to temporarily live in the present.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
If you are not quite sure about the different ways in which you can control excessive masturbation, then here are a few tips to help you knock off your habit and bring it to a normal level.
You can only leave/limit masturbating ‘IF’ you change your Habits
- Very first is Stop focusing on symptoms and believe that you can revive your life
- Get some hobby – Outdoor Sports, Chess, Gym, Painting, Evening Pet walk or whatever you like
- Make your day as Busier as you can (not stressed). Be Busy!
- Limit your solitude – be with someone 🙂
- Stop watching Porn and erotic adult movies/comics
- Stop getting urge of Masturbating: Stop noticing the inner (sexual) part of hot girls – Stop getting horny by visualizing intimacy with your neighbor, classmate, lecturer, colleague, your female friend, and friend’s girlfriend. In public place as well, ignore noticing girls (and their features), don’t think about movie actresses. Divert your attention in your cell phone, read news, blogs about your job-industry. Just say no to sexual thought & Divert!
- Meditation: Meditation is a boon to human kind, start meditating and you will start gaining self-control. Not just for controlling the over-masturbation habit, but for overall wellbeing and peace of mind, sharp brain and healthy body. Meditation can give you a new birth no matter what your present situation is in terms of health or wealth. Meditation = Inner Peace = Prosperity
Remember, as our life is determined in terms of – “How many breaths”
Same way, our sexual life is determined in terms of – “How many Ejaculations”
Self-control is the Key to Balanced, Happy & Satisfactory Life 🙂