Do you remember? Our grandparents or elders used to tell us that drinking water by storing it in a copper vessel is quite advantageous for our body. According to Ayurvedic literature, water stored in a copper vessel contains the potency of maintaining equilibrium between Tridoshas (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha). Copper vessels do a purification process and charge the water positively. Thus, various microorganisms such as bacteria, fungi, molds, algae, etc that can harm our health can get killed. The pH balance of the body can also get balanced by drinking water with the copper vessels. There are also some amazing facts about the copper vessel which we will discuss in this article. Have a look!
The Scientific Purpose Behind The Benefits of Copper Vessel
The material, design, and shape of the copper vessel play an important role in showing its benefits. When the water is stored in a copper vessel overnight, the copper ions dissolve in the water in small quantities. This phenomenon is termed as an Oligodynamic effect in modern science as this water now has the ability to kill dreadful bacteria, fungi and microbes. When we consume water dissolved with copper ions, the positive impact of copper is achieved by our body.
Benefits Of Drinking Water In Copper Vessels
By drinking the water using a copper utensil, you will get following benefits:
- Delays the Aging Process: As copper is a natural remedy to overcome the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines on the face, the water containing copper ions in it helps the consumer in slowing down the process of aging. Copper also contains antioxidant properties which help the body in fighting infections and excreting free radicals from the body. Thus, produces healthy and new skin cells.
- Prevention of cancer: For several decades, cancer emerged as a dreadful disease and took away the lives of millions of people. But it can be prevented with the drinking of water in a copper vessel as the water stored in a copper vessel is a rich source of antioxidants that excretes the free radicals, unwanted cells, or other unnecessary substances present in the body which can form a tumor.
- Enhance digestion process: The bacteria present in the stomach can interfere with the normal functioning of the digestive system. But copper kills this bacterium and reduces the inflammation in the stomach. Another benefits of copper in the digestion process includes the prevention of indigestion, gas, ulcers, and gut infection.
- Helps in healing wounds: The anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral properties present in the copper can treat and heal wounds in a fast way. It also provides strength to the immune system and helps in the production of new cells.
- Prevents anemia: The most amazing fact about copper is that our body requires copper in performing the various processes i.e., from the formation of cells to aiding in the absorption of iron. Thus, copper is beneficial in the prevention of anemia.
- Stimulates thyroid functioning: The thyroid is a little, butterfly-shaped gland present in our neck. It plays a crucial role in the production of many hormonal functions. The water infused with copper ions can treat the dysfunctions of the thyroid gland. Patients suffering from hypo-thyroid or hyperthyroid conditions can get relief to a certain extent by consuming water from a copper vessel.
- Invade infections: Though a metal, copper consists of antibiotic properties. When the copper comes in touch with harmful microbes, they get destroyed. Water present in a copper vessel is free from microorganisms and supports the body to fight various infections and diseases causing germs.
- Regulates hypertension: Being a vital trace element, copper plays a significant role in regulating blood pressure as well as controlling the levels of triglycerides, bad cholesterol, or LDL in the blood. Patients with hypertension can manage their blood pressure levels by consuming water daily from vessels made of copper.
- Maintain the health of the heart: Scientists assume that deficiency of copper can lead to deposition of plaque which disturbs the normal blood flow. It can develop various disorders of the cardiovascular system such as angina, congestive heart failure, etc. Intake of copper by drinking water stored in copper vessels maintains the health of the blood vessels and the heart.
- Enhances brain functioning: Brain is one of the major organs in the body performing its functions to survive. The communication of the brain with other body parts is done by the electrical impulses and research proves that the drinking of ‘tamra jal’ (copper water) stimulates the functioning of the brain and balances the hormones. It also induces positive thoughts in our minds.
- Aids in weight loss: Copper is very beneficial in the breakdown of fat and eliminating it from the body. Hence, helps in reducing excess body fat and weight.
Why Copper Vessels Are Preferred in Worships Also for Keeping the Holy Water?
As per Varaha Purana, Gudakesh, a demon did a hard meditation to Lord Vishnu and wished for a groom. To impress Lord Vishnu, Gudakesh told him that whenever he dies, his body may turn into copper, and the characters prepared from them would be used to worship Lord Vishnu. Lord Vishnu killed that demon and broke him into slices. Lord Vishnu converted the flesh pieces of Gudakesh into copper, silver from bones, and gold from blood. After then, the copper utensils began to be used for the purpose of worship.
In India, storing water in utensils made up of copper is an ancient practice giving a variety of medicinal and therapeutic properties. Make sure to clean the copper vessel in a wise manner before storing water into it. Leave the water in a copper vessel for at least 8 hours and drink water while your stomach is empty to get amazing benefits. The maintenance of copper vessels is very easy and cheap to buy from the market. Buy it today and improve the health of your overall body systems.