Superwomen need superfoods. Mostly plant based, these are rich in nutrients and are the cornerstone of health. A lot of superfoods also help keep diseases away and kick up immunity like never before. There are multiple options when it comes to selecting such foods, which meet women’s special nutrient needs. From blackberries to kale, there are lots that you can include in your meal plan on regular basis even while you lead busy lifestyle.
That said, here are our top picks of superfoods that you can try.
- Broccoli – Not many people love this green vegetable, but Broccoli is a must-have on your superfood list. It is loaded with nutrients that provides protection against cancer. The component sulforaphane in the vegetable can make cancer cells self-destruct. Moreover, it can fulfill 135% of vitamin C requirements. But what to do about the horrid taste? Well, there are several tasty ways you can include the green Cruciferous vegetable in your diet. Broccoli almond soup for instance, is the best way to include it in your dinner or lunch, especially if you are on a keto diet.
- Beets – After green, we move on to the deep colored root vegetable Beet. The color may stain your hand, but it is an excellent source of iron. They are also replete with nitrates, betaine, potassium and potassium. Also, one glass of beet juice is an excellent remedy for immediately lowering your blood pressure, improving cognitive function and reduces the risk of anemia. It can also significantly boost your workout stamina and makes you feel less tired. You an also create dips made from beetroot or settle for smoothies as alternatives to the juice.
- Turmeric – Are you a fan of Turmeric latte? Well, there’s good news for you. The spice is radily available and used in curries. The ingredient Curcumin in the root helps keep a long list of diseases and infections at bay. It can also prevent other conditions such as digestive disorders, arthritis and Alzheimer’s. No wonder, it has been used since time immemorial in oriental medicines to speed up healing.
- Kale – Kale is also the part of the brassica family that can help you reap tremendous benefits. It is excellent for treating heart conditions and lowers cholesterol. It is also a rich source of vitamin C and vitamin A, and also includes carotenoids that can enhance the vision. For those of you who constantly have to work on laptop or desktop, staring at the screen, this is a great help. Easily available, you can include the leafy vegetable in your salads, smoothies or even have them roasted to a crisp as Kale chips.
- Blueberries – Blueberries are superfood that are rich in anti-oxidants. In other words, these help reduce the signs of aging. These are readily available and have many takers owing to their health benefits. For women, it is extremely beneficial because Anthocyanidins, the component that gives the berries its unique color, brings to the table a number of health benefits such as heart diseases. They also prevent many mental disorders. Include blueberries in your diet by chopping a few and adding them to the breakfast cereal or eating a handful as snacks.
- Oats – Oats are the new favorites when it comes to breakfast or healthy eating. It includes lots of fibre and helps lower the cholesterol levels. Because it makes you feel full, it is excellent for those who want to control their weight. There are several varieties of oats available on the market and you can take your pick from the ones that suit your taste. Additionally, you can try new, savory recipes from oats and keep them handy as your “anytime munchies”.
- Walnuts – Walnuts are an excellent source of protein, minerals, vitamins, fiber and Omega 3s. You only need to eat a fistful of these nuts and work your way to a lower cholesterol, enhanced brain power, better sleep and reduced stress. Add them to your salads for that extra crunch or include them in cookies or in any other form that you want, and you will be good to go.
These are some of the best instances of superfood, which are loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. When you include these in your everyday meal plan, you can be assured of getting all your dietary nutrition requirements fulfilled. Have any other superfood that you want to add to this list? Let us know in the comments!