Piles in other words, known as Hemorrhoids. Piles is defined as enlarged blood vessels that you can get inside or around the anus. Piles may arise from several different factors like increased pressure of internal or external veins around the anal canal, improper diet, pregnancy, constipation, hereditary, etc. Piles can result in pain and itching in the anal region, mucus discharge, bleeding on defecation, prolapsed of pile mass, burning sensation, discomfort, etc.
Piles are mainly of 2 types, Internal and External. Internal piles are most common and occur above 2-4 cm from the opening of the anus. External piles occur in the lower part of the anal canal and it is a very painful condition.
There are some home remedies that are very beneficial to overcome the symptoms and treat the condition of piles in a natural way without any side effects. Some of the home remedies are given below –
- Banana – Banana acts as a wonderful home remedy as it eases the bowel movement and reduces the pain, discomfort during the defecation. Cut 2-3 bananas and boiled in hot cow’s milk, drink this remedy twice a daily or you can eat bananas regularly to get rid of the painful situation.
- Ginger – Ginger has anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial properties. Cut a piece of ginger in small pieces and prepare a mixture with honey and lime juice. Consume the mixture twice daily. This will help to prevent dehydration, which is an important cause of piles.
- Sesame oil – Sesame oilis applied to external dry piles only. It can be followed by warm fomentation (warm moist compresses or sitting in lukewarm water). The easiest method is to sit in a tub with the buttocks submerged in warm water.
- Buttermilk – Daily intake of buttermilk is very beneficial to overcome the symptoms of piles. Drink buttermilk in which a pinch of rock salt, ginger, and pepper powder has been added. It will surely stop the regeneration of hemorrhoids.
- Mustard seeds – Powder a teaspoon of mustard seeds and mix it with half a cup of goat’s milk, adding a little sugar. Drink this regularly early in the morning on an empty stomach. This will reduce constipation and improves proper bowel movements.
- Jambul fruits – Jambul fruit is very well known and effective in treating piles. Eat a handful of jambul with a little salt early in the morning on an empty stomach. The fruit has a cool potency thus it reduces the burning sensation and itchiness in the pile patients.
- Turmeric – Turmeric has antiseptic and best healing properties. Therefore, make a mixture of turmeric and coconut oil. Using a cotton ball or tissue apply it to directly on external hemorrhoids. This will help in healing the condition of the pile quickly in a natural way and reduces almost all the symptoms of piles.
- Black cumin – Prepare a mixture of black cumin seeds. Add a teaspoon of this mixture in a glass of normal water and drink once a day, preferably in the morning. This remedy will help in shrinkage of piles naturally and helps to overcome the pain, mucus discharge, discomfort, etc.
- Castor oil – Mix a few drops of tea tree oil with a tablespoon of castor oil and a teaspoon of aloe vera. Mix the combination and use a cotton swab to apply it to your hemorrhoids directly. It will help to soothe the area which helps in easy bowel movements.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera has been used by many cultures to treat a variety of issues. Aloe may provide relief from the burning, itching, swelling, reduces the irritation and redness. Apply Aloe Vera gel over the anus and slowly massage the area. Do this procedure twice or thrice in a day.
- Ice Packs – Applying ice or cold packs to the affected area help to relieve pain and inflammation. You should wrap the ice in a small towel to avoid damage to the skin. Leave the ice pack on the affected area for 15 minutes and repeat the process hourly.
- Daruharidra – If you are facing bleeding problems during defecation then take 3gm Daruharidra (Berberis aristata), 50gm curd, and mix them well. Eat this mixture every day in the morning for at least 4-5 days. It will give you 100% relief in the condition of blood in piles.
- Marigold – Take 10gm leaves of marigold, 5 black pepper, and 10gm candy sugar. Soak all of these in 60gm of normal water for 1 hour and after one hour mash all these in the same water, filter that water with a clean cloth and drink it. Follow this process for about 7 days. During this process do not eat hot and spicy food. This remedy reduces the burning sensation, abdominal pain, itching, and other symptoms associated with piles.
- Radish Juice – Radish is a very effective home remedy for piles. Take 60 – 100 ml of radish juice and mix a little bit salt in it. Take this juice twice a day for 30-40 days. Continuous intake of this juice reduces the condition of dehydration and treats poor blood circulation.