Though natural, wrinkles are the lines and creases that forms on the skin, due to various reasons including :
c) smoking, or
d) overdo of sun exposure.
Wrinkles usually appear in the face, neck, hands and forearms. Even though it symbolises the aging process of an individual, any one can battle these stubborn creases, with dedication and rightous steps, like :
a) a good balanced diet
b) protection from the sun
c) proper moisturization
d) seeking care, with, natural products, or essential oils.
ESSENTIAL OILS AND WRINKLES
Essential oils are the plant extracts that promotes the health and body-care, and can grandly commit to the youth of the skin, with the natural ingredients, backed by science, medicine, and generations.
To keep the wrinkles off, even with the age, it’s time to let the essential therapy begin, with essential oil and their commitments as followed :
1. ROSE – Rose oil has the ability to re-generate, heal and protect the epidermis layer of the skin, with it’s anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, promoting a youthful texture.
2. SANDALWOOD -The Sandalwood oil provides the epidermis with proper replenishment and tightening of the wrinkles with cicatrizant, emollient and antiseptic properties.
3. GERANIUM – The power to re-generate cellular properties, and tightening of wrinkles and lines on the skin, with natural anti-inflammatory effects , gives the Geranium oil a worth-ful try.
4. YLANG-YLANG – Used widely in perfumery, ylang ylang oil also repairs damage on the skin’s proteins and lipids, through components like, Linalool, Caryophyllene, and Germacrene.
5. AVOCADO – Avocadoes can offer a lot more when it comes to medicine and skin care. The avocado essential oil is a natural anti-oxidant, and promotes collagen production, the tissue responsible for skin flexibility and elasticity.
6. JOJOBA – The Jojoba oil having a similar texture with the skin’s natural oil, makes it not just suitable but a skin-friendly nurturer. Alongside the suitability, Jojoba oil holds Vitamin B and E, and anti-oxidant properties contributing to the skin health refinery.
7. VITAMIN E – The powerful anti-oxidant, Vitamin E backs many products with it’s essence, but has the zest and benefits (acne, spots and anti-aging treatment) to even lead the race with the Vitamin E essential oil.
8. LAVENDER – The stress buster does quite well in calming the skin pressure too, with anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, further treating acne, scars, wrinkles and fine lines.
9. CHAMOMILE – Chamomile has the ability to diminish scars, marks, spots, acne, and wrinkles on the skin, through it’s anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic, and anti-microbial properties.
10. ALMOND – The dry fruit is a saviour in a lot of ways. Apart from the rich taste, the Almond oil brings richness to the body as well. It powers omega-6 fatty acid, Vitamin E and K which helps it beat aging, dryness and scars on the skin.
HOW TO USE
• Before any selection, you will need to check the ingredients and if they work safely with your skin.
• To further use the chosen essential oil, you must dilute the essential oil with a carrier oil of your choice, with few drops of the former mixed with the latter.
• For any doubts or query, an advice from a health professional is recommended.
Essential oils can be the go-to for skin-related care and cure, but a consult from a professional and check on the suitability of the oil with the skin is a must, to make sure skin-essence is the only thing you get from the essential oils!
Vivek Roy is an enthusiastic Yoga and Ayurvedic blogger from India. He regularly writes for a Luxury Ayurveda Beauty Store blog. He loves to share the knowledge of yoga and Ayurveda around the world. For more information about him visit his website Zoem Skin Essentials.