Ayurveda is the vast and holistic science. In this civilized world, everyone is facing various diseases. This is all because of a luxurious lifestyle and bad adaptation of diet. By seeing the chronicity of the disease and also the side effects of modern medicines, everyone is adapting Ayurvedic treatment for their diseases. Ayurveda is the holistic and vast healing science in the world. They treat the disease from its root cause without giving any side-effects to the body. There are numerous Ayurvedic medicines which have been in use since centuries. In this article we are going to discuss one of the Ayurvedic herbal products named Yakrit Plihantak Churna and its use in lipotropic activity and prevent fatty infiltration in detail.
What is Lipotropic Activity?
Lipotropic compounds are the compounds which help in catalysing the breakdown of fat during the metabolism in the body. In lipotropic, choline is the major lipotrope in mammals and other lipotropic compounds are inositol and methionine. Lipotropic activity means that it promotes or encourages the export of fat from the liver. These Lipotropics are very essential for maintenance of a healthy liver and also useful for burning the exported fat for additional energy. Without these lipotropes these choline, inositol, fats and bile can be trapped in the liver and further causing severe liver problems.
Choline functions as a methyl donor which is required for proper liver function. In humans, methionine is an essential amino acid and is a major lipotropic compound in humans. It helps in the proper flow of bile and maintains bile cholesterol levels. Hence these Lipotropic activity is very important for sustaining proper liver function.
Firstly, Let’s Just discuss What is Fatty Infiltration?
Fatty infiltration is a metabolic complication when the excessive fat is accumulated in the cytoplasm of the hepatocytes. This is also known as hepatic fatty infiltration and is caused by a variety of clinical disorders such as obesity, Diabetes, Alcoholic liver disease, malnutrition etc. Fatty infiltration is usually clinically silent in most of the cases and also liver function tests found normal. Although mild to moderate hepatomegaly with upper quadrant abdominal pain and tenderness may be present. This fatty deposition can occur at any site of the body or it can affect any part of the body.
Now we will see how Yakrit Plihantak churna modulates lipotropic activity and prevents fatty infiltration?
This is an herbal product used in the treatment of liver disorders. This remedy modulates the lipotropic activity and prevents fatty infiltration. This is prepared by Planet Ayurveda. This is a manufacturing company which manufactures various herbal products. These herbal products are 100% natural and vegetarian and also these are prepared by using ancient time tested formulas. This company is internationally certified also. There are no colors, additives, chemical preservatives added in this churna formulation. Anyone can consume this churna without thinking much as this churna does not give any side-effects. Yakrit plihantak churna is formulated by the standardized extracts of the following herbs:
- Bhumi amla (Phyllanthus niruri)
- Katuki (Picrorhiza kurroa)
- Makoy (Solanum indicum)
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa)
- Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata)
- Kaasni (Cichorium intybus)
- Sharpunkha (Tephrosia purpurea)
- Bhringraj (Eclipta alba)
Now let’s just discuss about this churna that how it helps in modulate lipotropic activity and prevents fatty infiltration:
The herbs in this formulation contain very effective properties which are helpful in healing and maintaining proper liver function. The functions of these herbs and their role in maintaining healthy liver are as follows:
- Bhumi Amla: This herb is effective in pacifying pitta and kapha dosha, as it contains guru (heavy) and Ruksha (dry) properties. It helps in managing liver disorders as it contains hepatoprotective property. It has antioxidant property also and helps in modulating lipotropic activity and prevents fatty infiltration as it promotes secretion of bile.
- Katuki: Botanically it is named as Picrorhiza kurroa. It contains picrorhizin and cathartic acid which is helpful in stimulating bile secretion and maintains the fat absorption. This further prevents fatty infiltration. Katuki is the best and very effective herb for liver disorders as it has purgative properties.
- Makoy: This herb shows benefits in various ailments. It is used in fever and to alleviate pain. It has purgative action hence useful in liver disorder. It has properties such as anti-inflammatory, diaphoretic, antibiotic etc. It helps in metabolism of the fat and prevents excessive fatty deposition in the liver.
- Punarnava: This is also known as Boerhavia diffusa. This is a very potent herb for liver and kidney disorders. It is also helpful in anemic conditions. It has lipotropic action and hence useful in modulating lipotropic activity. This also reduces bilirubin level and prevents fatty infiltration. It acts as a rejuvenating agent. It balances tridosha, reduces inflammation, prevents bloating, and removes excess water in the body.
- Kalmegh: This herb has hepatoprotective action, protects the liver and gallbladder. This herb is also known as Echinacea. This herb has antiviral and antibacterial properties also. As it has hepatoprotective action, this is used in the treatment of various liver diseases. It also works as an immune-stimulant and immune-booster.
- Kaasni: This is a valuable herb used in pacifying pitta and kapha dosha. It is a digestive and appetizer and also it is a liver stimulant. Because of these properties it is beneficial in liver disorders, indigestion, fever, burning sensation etc. It is a liver tonic basically and manages liver disorders such as enlargement of the liver, fatty liver and jaundice. Kaasni improves digestion by stimulating digestive fire.
- Sharpunkha: This herb is found very effective in viral hepatitis, protein malnutrition, liver damage etc. It optimizes the bile secretion. It pacifies pitta dosha and is effective for enhancement of liver health. It helps in reversing the liver scarring and removes excessive fatty deposition in the liver.
- Bhringraj: It is known to be beneficial for the liver. It contains antioxidant property which helps in lowering the toxic load on the liver. It also helps in improving overall health of the liver. It is also known to prevent inflammation of the liver due to its anti-inflammatory property.
We concluded at last that this herbal product named yakrit plihantak churna is very beneficial in overall health of the liver. It prevents excessive fatty deposition in the liver and also modulates lipotropic activity as these are the main reasons for liver disorders. Fatty deposition leads to various kinds of ailments in the body. So this churna helps in preventing fatty infiltration and won’t show any side effects in the body. So it’s better to take this herbal product rather than adapting an allopathic treatment protocol.