Gastritis is a condition in which the stomach lining becomes swollen or inflamed. Sometimes Gastritis can lead to symptoms like nausea, vomiting, bloating, and heartburn.
Here are 5 natural remedies that would help you to treat your gastritis problem.
The entire carom plant also known as Bishop’s weed is very beneficial for your health and medicinal aspects. Carom seeds, fruits, leaves, and oil are used for medicinal purposes. The benefits of carom seeds can be attributed to biochemicals like thymol, para-cymene, α- pinene, β-pinene, and γ-terpinene. All of these volatile oils are responsible for their medicinal properties. They contribute to treating all digestive issues. Not only that it also reduces flatulence, acts as an antibacterial, and antiseptic treats cholera, prevents kidney disorders, aids weight loss, reduces pimples and acne, etc. If you are suffering from the painful condition of gastritis, make it a point to have them regularly. Here’s how you can use carom seeds to treat your gastritis problem:
Carom seeds and water
Carom seeds are known as natural antacids . They will give you relief to the mucous membrane in the stomach from hyperacidity and acidity. Also, it can treat bloating, indigestion, and nausea so if you want to do this remedy, you should follow these steps below:
- Take 4 teaspoons of carom seeds.
- Then, put them into 2 cups of water.
- Now, boil them until the water decrease by half.
- After that, strain it and drink a half cup of this liquid twice a day.
- Keep doing until all the symptoms are gone away.
Carom seeds, black salt, and ginger
Black salt is an excellent remedy for abdominal discomfort and other digestive system disorders like acidity, heartburn, bloating, flatulence, etc. It will also function as the best medicine for gas. The volatile oils and biochemicals present in carom seeds make it a good medicine for gas in the stomach. Here’s how you can use carom seeds with black salt and ginger to get rid of gastritis:
- First, take 1 teaspoon of carom seeds powder as well as a ½ teaspoon of black salt.
- Then, mix them in a glass of buttermilk.
- Drink this liquid twice a day. Repeat every day until your situation is improved.
Carom seeds buttermilk and black salt
One of the effective home remedies for gastritis is the combination between carom seeds, buttermilk, and black salt. In order to make this combination, you should follow the detailed instruction below:
- First, take 1 teaspoon of carom seeds powder and ½ teaspoon of black salt.
- Then, mix them with a glass of buttermilk.
- Finally, drink this liquid twice a day.
- Repeat every day until your situation is improved.
Ginger is one of the most useful home remedies for gastritis too. It contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which can reduce inflammation as well as treat the infection or alleviate symptoms such as gas, nausea, bloating, indigestion, and stomach pain . So if you want to use ginger to get rid of gastritis, you had better follow these steps here:
Ginger contains zingibain (protein digestive enzyme) which reduces gas caused by protein-rich foods. It has the ability to alleviate the symptoms of gastrointestinal distress. It speeds up digestion which empties the stomach quickly and the gases can move easily into the small intestine avoiding bloating. The inflammatory properties of ginger release and prevents excessive air trapped in the colon. It stimulates the digestion process and relaxes the smooth muscles. Gingerols present in a ginger fight with abdominal pain that often accompanies bloating. The carminative compound of it breaks apart pockets of gas present in the digestive tract. Here’s how you can use ginger root:
- First, add 1 teaspoon of chopped ginger root into a cup of hot water.
- Then, cover it and let it steep for about 10 minutes.
- After that, strain the liquid. Next, add honey if you want.
- Finally, slowly sip the tea. Drink it two or three times per day a week.
- If you don’t have time to make this tea, just chew a small piece of ginger root. Even taking ginger capsules also treats gastritis. But remember that ginger can interfere with high blood pressure and blood-thinning medications.
Ginger juice and honey
Ginger is known as a wonderful herb that can be listed in the list of effective home remedies for gastritis. Therefore, ginger juice also has an effect on curing gastritis. If you use ginger juice to treat gastritis, let’s follow these detailed instructions here:
- First, take 1 teaspoon of ginger juice and 1 teaspoon of honey in a bowl.
- Then, mix them well.
- Take it twice a day before you have a meal.
- Do this remedy every day for a week. You can see your condition is improved.
Yogurt is a very useful addition to your diet, particularly when you have gastritis. It contains probiotics that can protect your stomach lining. Plus, it can boost the immune system in order to fight the infection off more quickly. Thus, you have two ways to apply yogurt so as to treat gastritis.
- The first way is very easy. You just need to eat 2 or 3 cups of yogurt every day. You should choose plain yogurt in order to get the best result. And do this until your situation is improved.
- The second way is to make the smoothie between yogurt, banana, and honey. Blend a banana with a cup of plain yogurt and honey. Drink this smoothie 2 or 3 times per day. Do this remedy every day until your condition is improved.
With the antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic and stomachic inside, fennel seeds can help to relieve gastritis symptoms like vomiting, heartburn, intestinal gas, bloating, and indigestion . Plus, they may help to relax the muscles which are in the gastrointestinal tract along with soothing the digestive system. Now if you want to treat gastritis by using fennel seeds, you just need to follow the detailed instruction here:
- First, take 1 teaspoon of fennel seed.
- Then, add to a cup of hot water. Next, cover it and let it steep for about 10 minutes.
- After straining, add a little honey if you want.
- Finally, drink this tea three times per day.
- Continue doing this remedy in a week
- However, you can chew fennel seeds after having meals in order to relieve the symptoms.
Chamomile tea is known for reducing anxiety and helping people fall asleep. It’s also used to calm an upset stomach and other digestive issues . Chamomile also has anticancer properties. Apigenin is one of the herb’s primary active components. It has been found to inhibit cancer cell growth and reduce the blood supply to cancerous tumors. Here’s how you can make chamomile tea to get rid of gastritis problems:
- Take 1 tablespoon of chamomile flowers in an infuser or place a tea bag in your cup.
- Add 1 cup of hot water to it.
- Allow the tea to steep for 5 minutes.
- To sweeten it, add 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Add milk if you wish to have a mild taste.