The hair fall problem is a common phenomenon as a part of the hair growth cycle that shouldn’t count under the particular hair loss problem. The normal hair falling is considered that ranges from 80-100 strands of hair per day. But, if the number of hair strands increases randomly and crosses the normal falling ranges, i.e., 120-150 strands daily is counted under the severe hair loss problem category. It is uncontrolled to prevent hair loss due to aging, but it is controllable if the problem arises due to the environmental factor, such as pollution, nutrient-deficient food, smoking behavior, etc. the problem of severe hair loss that started due to the combined effect of the hormone and genetics are only solved permanently with the hair transplant procedure.
The genetic hair loss or Androgenic alopecia is an inherited trait that only solves with the hair transplant procedure permanently. And, there are some other options also that are applied to solve the temporary hair loss, such as hair loss medications, therapy, exercise, and diet.
Here we include the Top 4 remedies for treating the Hair loss problem as follows:
- Hair Transplants: The procedure of hair transplant is an ultimate and final solution for pattern baldness or Androgenic alopecia. It is based on the regeneration of hair roots that is done via the extraction of safe donor area’s hair roots that later transplanted into the affected bald areas of the scalp followed by the dissection of grafts/root under the higher magnification of microscopes. The restoration procedure is categorized into two categories, namely, the FUT hair transplant technique and the FUE.
- PRP (Platelet-rich Plasma): The PRP is an option for controlling hair loss to some extent, but it cannot be an alternate for the hair transplants. It can be allowed along with the hair transplants in order to induce the hair regrowth with a fuller density, natural color, caliber, and texture as PRP encourages the faster healing process as well as enhance the rate of hair regrowth. The PRP is given in the form of an injection that contains the patient’s own blood plasma followed by the concentration that allows plasma-protein to get thick enriched with essential proteins that support hair growth predominantly.
- Medications: Medications are allowed both in the form of topical and oral, such as Minoxidil and Finasteride, respectively. The medications are allowed when it is not possible to perform hair restoration surgery as the procedure requires its own parameter to fulfill the cosmetic goal of the surgery.
Here are some conditions jotted down below that prevent a Surgeon to perform the hair transplantation:
- A Patient is underage as he is below the age of 25
- Insufficient donor supply or instability of the same due to the age or autoimmune factor
- A patient is affected with the spot baldness or Alopecia areata
- When it is a lesser grade of baldness, such as MW-I or II, the Surgeon recommends the medication as it is inevitable to get a higher state regarding receiving the stable restoration outcomes. Since a lesser grade identifies that the patient is now underage and it is needed to wait until they cross the age of 25.
- Diet & Exercise: The nutrient-rich diet that must incorporate the essential minerals and vitamins that are good for the growth of hair and accelerate the faster healing if hair transplantation has been done. Regular exercise increases the faster metabolism that induces the growth of hair follicles. Therefore, a good diet chart and exercise helps in nurturing the hair.
On the whole, we can say that the problem of hair loss has a number of options to control it, but the permanent solution for loss is only available with the process of hair restoration.