Today, lipo fat removal and tummy tuck are treatments that are availed by both celebrities as well as ordinary people. It helps in toning the tummy region and do away with the excess fat, that a person fails to lose otherwise. However, today the terms lipo fat removal and tummy tuck get used interchangeably.
Are these two-surgery process similar?
Liposuction and tummy tuck, which is also called abdominoplasty, are two separate surgical processes. However, both aim to change the appearance of your midsection. Through both these surgeries, you can have a smaller, tighter and flatter stomach. Both these surgeries get performed by expert plastic surgeons. Since these operations come under cosmetic surgery, they don’t get covered by health insurance.
Who is it apt for?
Both the cosmetic surgery process appeals to people that have the same cosmetic goals. However, there might be minor differences. For instance, you might choose liposuction if you want to eliminate small fractions of fat deposits. Usually, the problem areas are the stomach, hips, buttocks and thighs. After the surgery, the person concerned will find visible changes in these areas. The bulges will get removed, and it will enhance the contour of the place. But you shouldn’t be opting in for it if you are obese or need to lose weight.
On the other hand, a tummy tuck helps to remove the excess fat from your abdominal region. It also eliminates excess skin. Significant weight fluctuations or pregnancy can lead to uneven skin stretch outs to the area surrounding your stomach. You can use this surgery to get back the way your tummy looked before the excess weight gain. The process would bring the sit-up muscles back in one place if they got separated or stretched. You should opt-in for tummy tuck under the following conditions:
- Your BMI (Body Mass Index)exceeds 30.
- You have been trying to lose weight but failed.
- You are thinking of getting pregnant in future.
- You suffer from a chronic heart ailment.
Understanding the process
Tummy tucks and liposuction get performed by ace plastic surgeons. Also, the surgery takes place under anesthesia and need incisions as well. Few other essential details involve the following:
Patients undergoing this process might get sedated. When the area becomes numb, the surgeon makes a little incision close to the place where there is a fat deposit. Then a thin tube can get moved underneath the skin for loosening the fat cells. Your surgeon can make use of the medical vacuum for taking out the dislodged fat deposits. A person might require several sessions to attain the desired outcome.
Here the surgeon makes use of general anesthesia and puts the patient to sleep! Then the surgeon makes an incision right at the bottom of the skin, which covers the abdominal wall. The moment the muscles are exposed, the surgeon sews it in the abdominal wall. The tight skin gets placed on the abdomen. The surgery gets completed in one session and can take about three hours to complete.
The Difference in the Reasons Why They Are Opted for
A tummy tuck is referred to as abdominoplasty and has been designed to enhance the overall appearance of your abdomen by eliminating excess skin. The major benefits of a tummy tuck would include:
- Elimination of fat or loose skin.
- Removal of excess skin that is found below your belly button.
- Tightening of a weak fascia or the connective tissue present in the abdomen region.
- Removal of stretch marks.
Tummy tucks are used as an option by women who have undergone a C-section. Tummy tucks could be performed in conjugation with some other effective body contouring cosmetic techniques.
Liposuction, unlike tummy tucks, is not restricted to the abdominal region only. Liposuction could help in treating a far broader spectrum of areas and that may include your buttocks and hips, thighs, waist and abdomen, inner knee, back, ankles and calves, chest area, chin, cheeks, and neck.
Liposuction is effective in slimming and reshaping all these areas simply by eliminating excess fat deposits. Moreover, it helps in improving body proportions and contours. Liposuction is just great for the effective treatment of relatively larger areas in just a single cosmetic surgery procedure and you could achieve outcomes that are more predictable and consistent as compared to any non-invasive treatments.
Procedural Differences in a Nutshell
Both liposuction and tummy tuck are performed generally under general anesthesia.
We know that during a tummy tuck, the entire procedure could be summed up as follows:
- Anesthesia would be administered.
- Incisions would be made for removing fat and excess skin between your pubic hair and belly button region in basically an oval shape.
- A tummy tuck would involve tightening of fascia with permanent structures.
- The surgeon would be repositioning the skin present all around your bellybutton. A small incision would be made to bring out your bellybutton.
- The incision would be stitched together in such a manner that only a scar would be left along the normal bikini line crease.
- You would need to have certain antibiotics to avoid any kind of infection.
- The process takes around three hours.
Liposuction could be summed up as follows to bring out the basic differences between the two procedures.
- Anesthesia would be administered.
- Small incisions would be made. A thin and a hollow tube would be inserted via the incisions for loosening the fat with a controlled back-and-forth movement.
- The dislodged fat would then by effectively suctioned out using a syringe or surgical vacuum.
- Once the fluid retention and swelling gradually wear down, the complete results of liposuction could be visible.
Tummy tucks could be giving your abdomen a far tighter and toned appearance. They would promise lasting outcomes provided you maintain a steady and stable weight. Liposuction is supposed to be a relatively permanent procedure despite some loss of natural firmness. However, you need to maintain a healthy fitness level and a steady weight. There could be circumstances where multiple procedures seem to be recommended
These are some of the essential details about liposuction and tummy tuck. Once you know the difference, you can opt-in for the one you think you need.