The need to know about your Dog’s health
Dogs are man’s best and faithful pets and therefore as owners of these beautiful pets, the responsibility of taking utmost care lies on you. Dogs like human beings suffer from various health problems and as these unlike humans are voiceless so there is a need to know about your dog’s health by keen observation of its day-to-day behavior.
Give your dog a healthy and balanced diet
The diet of a dog is very important as a healthy and balanced diet is necessary for a dog to live its living year years in a healthier way without any occurrence of diseases. Being the owner of the dog you should take care of your dog’s diet in the same way as you take proper care in feeding healthy food to your family. Feeding a wide variety of healthy foods in appropriate proportions should meet the daily needs of the dog.
It is very important that the dog owners should feed their dog with a diet that is complete and balanced meeting all of their dog’s daily nutrition requirements. It is important to note that puppies are more susceptible to health problems and nutritional deficiencies than adult dogs are. You should also make sure your dog has access to plenty of fresh drinking water, particularly they are fed a diet of dry food. If your dog not drinking water after eating dry food is may cause a problem in their stomach. For instance, large breed puppies are more prone to the risk of excessive calcium prior to puberty.
Complete your dog’s diet with rich dry fruits
Your dog’s diet should usually consist of feeding it with meat and other animal products. However, care should be taken that your dog is not fed or given raw meat (diets) that contains too much fat. It is better to include both poultry and red meat. Raw and Meaty Bones or RMBs should make up one-third to one-half of its total diet.
- In addition to non-vegetarian food forming part of a dog’s diet, it should also be fed with vegetarian food in the form of fruits such as bananas, apples (avoid grapes and raisins), melons, etc.
- Consuming dry fruits is not only good for human beings but including these into the menu of dog food is essential as dry fruits/nuts such as Hazelnuts, apricots, cashew nuts, dates are rich sources of minerals like phosphorus, zinc, potassium, magnesium, and monosaturated fats.
- Including dry fruits in the list of dog food helps in strengthening the digestive system of the dog in addition to making their brains alert and allows their skin to glow.
- Certain nuts or dry fruits such as almonds, walnuts, and macadamia nuts may result in gastric intestinal problems, allergies, and seizures. Therefore, it is better to consult your pet veterinarian before including dry fruits in your dog’s diet.
Eating habits not healthy for your pet
Dogs love food like us and as pets, they are attracted to what they see us eating. However, utmost care or caution should be taken about the unhealthy eating habits of your dog. Your dog might eat something that is hazardous to its health if it puts its mouth on trash cans, kitchen counters, cupboards, and stale food inside and outside of your house premises.
Dogs eating or consuming food in the form of avocado flesh or peel or in pet food may result in obstruction in the gastrointestinal tract of the dog requiring urgent veterinary care. Raw bread dough made with live yeast if ingested by your pet can be hazardous. In addition, dog owners should also avoid feeding their dogs with chocolates, cookies, brownies, and other food products containing alcohol and other toxic chemicals.
Food Supplements for Dog
Dogs that are fed on a homemade diet may need food supplements but these should be provided or fed by matching with their actual food intake.
The food supplements for dogs include those for strengthening the bones/joints, protecting and conditioning their skin and overcoat, for enhancing their digestive system and overall well-being.
- Supplements such as probiotics can be used to help the dog’s intestinal tract when it is upset.
- Multivitamin tablets containing omega 3 and calcium, phosphorus minerals can be given for dogs that show signs of energy loss due to sickness or aging.
Dogs are the man’s best friend and for these dogs, the magical moments begin when they get utmost care and love from their masters. Dogs as pets are man’s best companions when struggling with high and low tides of life. Keeping proper track of your dog’s health and food diet is vital.
Make sure to give your dog the best food and you can always consult a vet for the same.