A show-stopping cake for any special occasion or event. Let’s have a look at the recipe to bake this luscious cake.
- 1 kg strawberry, hulled, except for 8 berries
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Butter, for greasing
For the Polka Dots
- 1 large egg
- 25 gm plain flour
- 25 gm golden caster sugar
- A few drops red food coloring
- A few drops pink food coloring
For the Cakes
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 gm golden caster sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 50 gm butter, melted
- 200 gm plain flour
For the Filling
- 500 gm mascarpone
- 300 ml double cream
- 5 tbsp icing sugar
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- 3 tbsp apricot jam
Recipe / Instructions
- Cut 300 gm of the strawberries. Put in a skillet with the icing sugar and lemon juice. Delicately heat until the juice begins to run and then cook for a couple of minutes. Pour into a food processor or small blender and whisk to a puree and filter out the seeds.
- Oil and line the base and sides of a 23*33 cm roll container. Oil and line the base of a 20*21 cm round cake container. To make the polka dots, whisk the egg and sugar utilizing an electric hand blender until pale and thick. Filter in the flour and crease utilizing a spatula until blended and add in 1 tbsp of the strawberry puree and a couple of drops of each pink and red food coloring.
- Spoon little dots of the blend randomly over the base of the roll container, leaving a little space between each spot. Put in the fridge for 20 minutes until the pink dots are firm to the touch.
- To make the cakes, heat the oven to 180 degrees C. Whisk the eggs and sugar until the blend is light and pale, this will take 5 to 8 minutes. Filter in the flour and baking powder, pour in the vanilla and butter and mix everything together utilizing a spatula until all the flour is mixed well.
- Pour half of the blend into the readied cake container and the other half over the roll container. Bake the rectangular cake for 15 minutes and the round cake for around 25 minutes. Invert the cakes onto a wire rack to cool off totally.
- To make the filling, beat together the icing sugar, mascarpone, and remaining strawberry puree. Slice 200 gm of the rest of the strawberries into little pieces. Whip the cream to soft peaks and crease into the mascarpone with the sliced strawberries.
- Line the base and sides of the 23 cm round cake container with cling film. Trim the edges of the rectangular cake, and cut into 2 *9 cm wide strips.
- Cut the round cake into three layers. Put the base layer in the base of the cling film lined container. Keep three adjusted tbsp of the filling in a little bowl, and pour the remaining half over the cake, smoothing it level. Place the next cake layer on top and include the rest of the filling, smoothing it level. Top with the last cake layer. Cover the cake with cling film and freeze for 1-2 days, alongside the little bowl of filling.
- Now delicately removes the cake from the container and strip off the film. Slide the cake onto a turntable or cake board. Cut the remaining hulled strawberries. Spread the remaining filling over the top of the cake and load up with chopped berries, including the 8 full ones.
- Warm the apricot jam with 2 tbsp water in a little container, and filter through a sieve. Brush generously over all the strawberries. Residue the top edge of the cake with icing sugar. Freeze until ready to serve.
Your delectable cake is ready to eat and serve! Hope you like the yummy cake recipe. You can easily bake this cake for different occasions and can even send cake to Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore, or to any other city where your dear ones reside. Happy baking!