If you are a passionate fitness enthusiast, you know there is no reason to skip your routine, not even traveling to a new place. The fresh air and the new destination could ignite the energy in you to buckle up and give five more. The new environment, the time lag, not having your favorite smoothies at your disposal, and many more could seem like enough of a reason to skip the goal. But there are certainly more fun ways to integrate your fitness aspirations to your travel goals.
It is hard to keep your diet in place while traveling, and the urge to experiment with local cuisines in unquenchable. Also, while most of us do enjoy staying clear of the mundane activities of the day during vacation, your fitness regimen does not have to take a backseat if you are planning to explore the world. So pack your travel gym outfits and hit the road to keep your fitness targets complete in these seven simple and effective ways.
- Eat and drink right: While it is hard to stay on a strict diet plan during travel, it is possible to include certain foods to ensure you balance your meal. Start with a heavy breakfast in the morning. Breakfast is the first meal of the day, and it has to be a nutritious one to provide the energy you need to travel. The meal will make sure you don’t feel tired or exhausted. Pack small snacks such as nuts, yogurt, dry fruits. It will keep your tummy happy at all times. It can also help you fill up if you have to skip a meal by any chance. Do not forget to hydrate yourself. People often tend to overeat because they misjudge their thirst for hunger. So ensure you hydrate yourself well to stay healthy and in shape.
- Choose adventure and activities filled places: Choosing an active holiday or travel plan could be the best way to stay in shape while you are on the road. It could also be a fun way of bonding and learning while you explore a new place. Choose places or look around your destination for some exciting activities such as hiking, cycling, mountaineering, swimming. These activities help you explore the raw beauty of these places while you make up for the gym time you are losing out. They help you enjoy the beauty of the place and also ensure you stay active throughout the time. Make sure you plan out the activities to spread around your itinerary to ensure you get a course of action every day.
- Make simple choices for commute: Of course, there are multiple ways to commute within a place. But taking a walk around the block to explore the area rather than waiting for a cab can not only help you know the place more but also help you stay fit. True travel enthusiasts would enjoy walking the streets of a new city and stumbling across the beautiful things it has to offer. Similarly, take the stairs to your hotel rooms or while you are visiting places to get the day`s part of cardio. You can also cycle around the town and enjoy the place.
- Make sure your stay has kitchen: It is fun to explore the cuisine and authentic food of new places. But if you would like to stay in shape, then you need to manage your meal plans to ensure you do not end up eating outside every day. If you have a long travel plan, then choose a stay at an Airbnb or hostels which offer you access to the kitchen. This way, you can prepare a few meals for the day yourself and introduce some healthy food to your system to balance out eating outside for the rest of the time. You will also get the chance to walk around the local markets and try some local fruits and vegetables.
- Learn to party without booze: Vacation is also when we like to keep our alcohol limits loose. But remember that alcohol affects your fitness the most. And even a short vacation with free limits could be enough to ruin all the hard work you have put into staying in shape. While it is not necessary to keep clear of alcohol, do be aware of how much you drink. If you decide to party all night, then make sure you skip drinks during the day to balance out.
- Do yoga or simple exercise routines: A chance to breath the fresh morning air from your courtyard, traveling could also allow you to try some other and fun physical activities like Yoga. Yoga, along with meditation, can be a great way of staying in shape as well as, could help you destress during your travel. You can choose a spot with a breath-taking view in your hotel, resort, or hostel, and soak in the morning sun with some yoga. You can also prepare a smooth and efficient exercise list to perform while you are traveling that does not require equipment or more extensive spaces.
- Utilize the local arts, places, and activities: You can make the best use of the destination to stay in shape. Go for an evening stroll to a park or beach nearby to soak in the beauty of the place and complete your exercise. You can also look into local dance classes, martial arts, or other activities popular in these areas that can give you a dose of physical activity to stay in perfect shape.
When fitness goals are so easy to follow through even while on the road, what are you waiting for? Grab your travel shoes and cherish every beautiful destination while in a healthy shape.