Acai bowls are a very thick smoothie bowl with a smoothie made with acai berries. The bowl is filled with ingredients such as chopped fruit and berries, granola, coconut, almond butter and tossed down with a spoonful for breakfast. After you have eaten the dish, you will not only feel full of pleasure and satisfy the sweet desire. You will be doing something that was right for you. Acai dishes look like ice cream. They almost taste like ice cream and make you feel good about your breakfast choice. That’s what morning dreams are all about.
Where is Acai from?
Acai berries are a small fruit native to Central and South America and are considered a high food due to their high antioxidant levels. They become a fashion accessory. Acai berries are known as superfoods and are loaded with antioxidants and many other nutrients.
Have Acai Bowls Healthy for You?
Acai is called “superfruit” because it is nutritious, rich in antioxidants, vitamins, fiber, amino acids, and heart-healthy fats. That being said, fruits are naturally high in sugar, and these acai dishes are primarily based on fruit. To keep your acai dishes on the healthy side, you can use plain nonfat yogurt instead of vanilla, leave out honey, and choose low-calorie dishes for your dish. Some say that acai contains more antioxidants than any other edible fruit in the world. Besides, acai is low in sugar and high in healthy fats – the opposite of many high-sugar fruits.
How Many Calories Are in the Acai Bowl?
There are 30 calories in one pack of 100g acai puree, which is mixed with:
- ½ cup nonfat milk (86 calories)
- ½ frozen banana (50 calories)
- ½ cup of frozen strawberries (25 calories)
This typical acai bowl recipe equals 233 calories, but now comes the toppings! The final calorie count will depend on what you choose to put on your acai bowl – and in how much quantity. The great thing about making your Acai Bowl is knowing exactly what each ingredient eats and how much.
What Are the Health Benefits of Acai Bowls?
The Brazilians have called an acai “Beauty Berry” because of its internal health benefits:
- Antioxidants: It helps boost the immune system and helps protect cells from free radicals that contribute to heart disease, cancer, and aging.
- High Levels of Dietary Fiber: It helps you stay full longer, contributing to loss and support all digestive health.
- Essential Amino Acids: These improve hair and skin and are essential for muscle building, muscle regeneration, bone resorption, and regulation of hormones, antibodies, and enzymes.
- Essential Acids and Omegas: They support heart health by lowering “bad cholesterol” and maintaining healthy HDL levels.
- Nutrients: This acai bowl provides increased sustained energy.
Are Acai Bowls Ready to Lose Weight?
While the acai dishes are nutritious, they are still lovely for all the fruits. Depending on your individual needs, they can be part of a healthy diet but should not be relied upon for weight loss. That being said, they can be accommodating in smoothies because essential oils replenish you for a long time and keep you from eating extra calories. Finally, to lose weight, you need to control calories in a healthy lifestyle that includes various nutritious foods, plenty of physical activity, and quality rest.
Acai bowls are one of the most popular food items. Why is that? The reasons are:
1) they taste incredible,
2) they look great, and
3) they are incredibly healthy.
The super fruit is making people want to eat healthy food — and the trend keeps growing. Because they are so popular, acai bowl restaurants are popping up everywhere.